Afternoon in Nature for School Employees
January 18, 2021 @ 1:00PM — 5:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Come to the Well of Mercy for an "Afternoon in Nature"
Well of Mercy invites Teachers, Principals, and Support Staff for a "Day in Nature".
TAKE A DEEP BREATH, EXHALE AND LET GO. This time is designed for School Employees to take an afternoon apart. We are opening on Martin Luther King Monday especially for you. This is special afternoon for you. Please register early.
Well of Mercy is the place where you can relax, reflect, restore and take some time to enjoy and reconnect with nature. This "Afternoon in Nature" gives you an opportunity to feel the solid earth beneath your feet, to walk the quiet wooded trails, walk the Prayer Path, visit the Prayer Stations, walk the Labyrinth or quietly sit in the Chapel. In addition, registered guests may enjoy the Gazebo, Laura's Place, Grotto, and rocking chairs on the Well House Porch.
Due to an abundance of caution, these indoor spaces are not available during day visit: Well House, Guest Houses/Cottages, Peace Room.
All visits are limited to adults 21 years of age and older and must be scheduled in advance.
Please see additional Health and Safety Information to Prepare for Your Visit at the bottom of this invitation.
Helpful Information to Prepare for Your Visit
- A confirmation email and welcome video will include Guidelines to read and view before your visit.
- Check-in on the Well porch between 1:00pm-2:00p before parking your car.
- Social distancing and face covering are required during check-in.
- At check-in you will receive a welcome packet and property map.
- Temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- Please bring a cooler with ice, food, utensils, beverages, water bottle and any items you might need for your comfort.
- NOTE: No food storage or refrigerator available.
- Check-out at Well House porch by 5 pm.
- In case of inclement weather, you may reschedule your visit by calling the office.
Health and Safety Information
The health and safety of guests and staff is our priority. We are taking several precautions:
- Limiting guests on property
- Limiting availability of indoor spaces
- Providing hand sanitizer at indoor spaces
- Offering outside check-in and check-out at Well House porch
- Exercising social distancing with guests and staff
- Spacing seating 6 feet apart
- Requiring face coverings in designated areas: check-in/check-out, Chapel, Laura's Place, Gazebo and encouraged at all areas
- Allowing day guests to supply their own needs for food and beverages.
- All guests will be contacted prior to visit to verify their current state of health and asked pre-screening questions which are:
- Have you been exposed to anyone in the last 2 weeks who has been diagnosed with COVID?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: feeling sick, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, and/or loss of taste/smell?
- If you answer Yes to any of these questions, we ask that you wait until you are past the 14 day mark before scheduling your visit. Note: Anyone with a fever must reschedule.
Well of Mercy is a ministry of hospitality and healing sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.
Well of Mercy provides a quiet sanctuary and sacred space for adult individuals to seek right relationship with self, others, God and creation.