Well of Mercy
"Day in Nature"
We look forward to seeing you at Well of Mercy!
Well of Mercy is reopening for a limited number of day guests to enjoy and reconnect with the out-of-doors. These day visits are the beginning of our gradual and most anticipated reopening plan.
This "Day in Nature" gives you the opportunity to feel the solid earth beneath your feet, to walk the quiet wooded trails, and to TAKE A DEEP BREATH, to EXHALE, and CONNECT with God. There is not a guided program for the day but registered guests may explore the outdoor sanctuary. You can enjoy the beauty of Well of Mercy on the Prayer Path and designated Prayer Station, the Walking Trails, Outdoor Labyrinth and Gazebo, Laura's Place and the Well House Porch. These day visits are limited to adults over 21 years of age. Please see additional Helpful Information to Prepare for Your Visit at the bottom of this invitation.
Due to concern and care for your health and safety the following inside spaces are closed for now:
- The Chapel except for restrooms in the lobby
- The Well House including the kitchen, dining area, great room and restroom facilities
- Guest Houses
- Peace Room
The health and safety of our staff and guests is and will continue to be our priority. We are taking several precautions to keep you safe.
- Limiting the number of guests to 10.
- Limiting the number of inside spaces available so touch points can be adequately sanitized before and after your visit. These closed areas include Chapel except for restrooms in lobby, Well House, Guest Houses, Cottages, Peace Room.
- Providing Hand Sanitizer at the inside spaces.
- Offering outside check-in and check-out at Well House porch.
- Exercising social distancing with staff and other guests.
- Spacing porch seating at least 6 feet apart.
- Requiring face coverings in designated areas: check-in/check-out and in all buildings such as Chapel lobby, Laura's Place and Gazebo.
- Face coverings are encouraged at all times but required in designated areas.
- Asking guests to supply their own needs for food, drink, etc.
- Allowing each guest to select 1 prayer station that is a designated place for them for the day.
- All guests and staff will be contacted the day before arrival to verify their current state of health and pre-screening questions.
- Pre-screening questions are as follows:
- Have you been exposed to anyone who has been sick with COVID-19 in last the 2 weeks?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days: feeling sick, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath and/or loss of taste/smell?
- If you answer "YES" to any of these questions, we ask that you wait until you are past the 14 day mark before scheduling your visit to protect the safety of all guests and staff. NOTE: Anyone with a fever must reschedule.
What you can expect:
This "Day in Nature" offers an opportunity for quiet sanctuary in nature on Well of Mercy's 110 acre property.
- Please check-in at the Well porch before parking your car.
- The day will begin with check-in with a Well staff member at Well House porch between 10 am-11 am.
- A welcome packet will be provided with guidelines and property map.
- Physical distancing as well as use of face coverings will be in place during check-in.
- You may select a Prayer Path station which will be your designated prayer path station for the day.
- Please note that lunch will not be included for the day visit. You can enjoy your food, water and drinks in any outdoor space. Please bring your own supplies of food, utensils, beverages, water bottle and any other items that you might need for your comfort during this day in nature (sample list provided after registration).
- The sign-out will be at the Well House porch between 3 pm-4 pm.
"Day In Nature" Dates and Times. You may register by purchasing a ticket in advance of your visit. Various dates in May & June available from 10am-4pm.
HELPFUL INFORMATION to PREPARE for YOUR VISIT
You will receive a confirmation email with attached "Day In Nature Guest Guidelines". Please read before your visit.
A welcome video is being prepared and will be emailed before your arrival to help orient you to Well of Mercy and your day.
In case of Inclement Weather - you may reschedule your visit by calling the office.
PLEASE SIGN IN AT THE FRONT PORCH WHEN YOU ARRIVE AND SIGN OUT WHEN YOU DEPART.
Well of Mercy is a ministry of hospitality and healing sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy.
It provides a quiet sanctuary and sacred space for adult individuals
to seek right relationship with self, others, God and creation.